Tel. +1(858)432-6131

Fax +1(800)547-1293

San Diego Office

3111 Camino Del Rio North,

Suite 400, 

San Diego, CA 92108

Mon~Fri: 9:00am~5:00pm (except national holidays)

Irvine Spectrum Center by appointment only

300 Spectrum Center Drive

Suite 400

Irvine, CA 92618

If the foreign spouse still resides in another county, you need to apply for CR1 or IR1 visas.

If your foreign national spouse legally entered into and resides in the United States, please click here.

4 Requirements  to Apply for a Marriage-Based Permanent Residence (Greencard)

1. The petitioner is a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident.

2. The marriage is legal in the United States (both parties are either single or divorced).

3. The petitioner (a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident) has enough income to support his/her non-US citizen spouse.

4/ The Married couple reside in the United States (if not, you can proceed with the consular process as below).

It can usually takes up to 1 year (depending on which country your spouse resides in) to obtain a green card for your foreign spouse if there is no special circumstances to be considered in your case.

Your foreign spouse will receive CR1 or IR1 visa prior to your entry to the United States AND Green card upon your entry.

Difference between CR1 visa and IR1 visa:

Both are immigrant visa issued to an alien who wishes to enter the U.S. to live and stay with their U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse. The “CR” from CR1 stands for conditional resident and is applicable to couples who’ve been married fewer than 2 years. The “IR” from IR1 stands for immediate relative and is applicable for couples who’ve been married 2 years or longer.

This process is called "The Consular Process."

Filing fees: $1200(plus medical exam ($200~300, depending on your locality))

Breakdown of the filing fees:

I-130: $535

Visa application fee: $325

Affidavit of Support: $120

USCIS Immigrant fee: $220

We accept personal checks, money orders, credit cards, and wire transfer.

  • Law Office of Mikiko M. Gunn